Saturday, February 11, 2006

Conversational Snippets

From Friday night:

Me [answering a dumb internet poll]: Am I an idealist?!
Wife: Yes.
Me: YES?!
Wife: Yes. Think about how upset you get when things don't go the way you think they should.
[pause]
Me: But I'm a cynic....
Wife: I said you were an idealist, not an optimist.

From Saturday afternoon:

My wife and I both work M-F jobs. Today, we both went into work out of necessity. While I didn't see a single person in my building the four hours I was there, my wife kept running into co-workers. They kept telling her she shouldn't be there because it's Saturday, completely oblivious to the fact that since it was Saturday they shouldn't have been there either.

Wife: My co-workers are ludicrous!
Me: Could be worse. They could be Kanye West.
....

Yeah, that was awful. Hey, it was a long week, back off already!

2 comments:

reader_iam said...

You never finished history of your experience, I notice.

And a number of weeks later, I still don't see that your opinions are worthless.

I do know, however, that I sufficiently offended people as to cut off debate on my blog. It's still a bit mystifying to me, but then, so is the blog itself.

Meh, never mind.

Icepick said...

I know I haven't finished. We've hit the wall at work. A reorganization has left my group with much more responsibility than in prior years. We're now having to do nationwide planning instead of just the Florida location. More than four times the work this planning cycle, and less time to do it in. If I wasn't so wired from a long day at work, I'd be in bed now!