Sunday, June 18, 2006

Speaking of Baltimore Movie Theatres...

Baltimore still had a couple of old movie palaces when we lived there, although we only managed to see movies in one of them, The Senator. We got to see a couple of re-releases that were tailor-made for such theatres. One was Lawrence of Arabia, which my wife had not seen before. She had steadfastly refused throughout the years to watch it on TV. Based on what she had heard, she wanted her first viewing experience to be on a big screen. Fortunately, the opportunity availed itself in Balmer. (That marked the third time I had seen it on the big screen. I love that movie.)

The other movie I remember seeing there was one of Hollywood's all-time greatest comedies. I'm not going to tell you which movie. Instead I'll make this a brief quiz. Here's the first hint: not quite as funny as The Producers, but much funnier than The Grapes of Wrath. And here's the second, a snippet of dialogue:

I gotta remember never get out of the boat; never get outta the boat.
Yeah, I know that makes it easy, but at this late hour why should I make this difficult?

No comments: