Monday, December 11, 2006

FINALLY!

My wife and I have been watching and enjoying House since it first aired. ("Aired"? Yet another anachronism for the digital age.) However, there has been one issue that has always bugged me to distraction: Gregory House, MD and super-genius continues you use his cane in the wrong hand! This has annoyed me to no end. (Which is a curious turn of phrase, although it makes sense when parsed.)

But in the 11/21 episode "Whac-A-Mole" (which I just saw tonight), the issue is addressed! House is having pain in his right, cane-wielding shoulder, and so he sees a physical therapist for relief. The therapy is causing him pain which causes him to say, "OOOOW! I hire you to take away the pain. Is there some confusion?" She immediately retorts, "Ever thought about using your cane on the proper side?"

This still doesn't explain why he refuses to use his cane properly, but at least they've addressed the issue! I can sleep easier now.

Bonus: Whac-A-Mole is a registered trademark of BOB'S SPACE RACERS, INC., which is based right here in sunny Central Florida.

No comments: