Monday, February 05, 2007

My Fellow Americans...

I am considering the idea of perhaps forming an exploratory committee (probably consisting of me, my two cats, one or another of my crazy friends, and maybe my wife if she doesn't think I'm being too looney) to consider the option of running for the office of the Presidency of the United States of America in 2008.

I can sense your primary questions coming through these here internets: "Icepick, why the hell would you consider that? Do you think you can win? And what party banner would you run under?"

Last question first: I haven't decided yet! (That's the kind of decisive leadership this country needs!) I could try for the Republican Nomination, but I don't think I can win. How the heck would I beat out those powerhouses Sam Brownback and Duncan Hunter? Even so, it may be best to seek the GOP Nomination rather than go the independent route. But if I have to pull a Joe Lieberman and run in the general election as an Independent, so be it!

Now to answer the first two questions: No, I don't think I can win, but that's not the point. The point is that every vote counts, and gets recorded by the FEC. And if Florida is as closely contested as it was the last time without a sitting President in the race, I could be the next Ken C. McCarthy, or even a May Chote! I too could be a footnote to history!

And besides, looking at the majority of the Yahoos that are running, I just might get elected by default.

4 comments:

SippicanCottage said...

I'd vote for you. I think I already did, once. You want I should vote for you again? I figgered it was like the Venezuela thing where you vote once and that's it.

Icepick said...

I figgered it was like the Venezuela thing where you vote once and that's it.

Only if I win.

reader_iam said...

()

Icepick said...

???