Wednesday, August 01, 2007

More Good News

The bladder biopsies are back, and Mom does have bladder cancer. However, it's "low-grade", hasn't penetrated very far into the bladder wall, and easily treatable. The treatment is gross enough that I won't bother to describe it, but while unpleasant it beats surgery, full-blown chemo, or radiation treatment. The surgery on her colon should be scheduled for next week.

I had no idea how tense I was until K called me with the results. She had taken the morning shift in the hospital so I could get a half-day in at work. When K told me the relatively good news, I felt a great deal of relief. I hadn't felt any when we got the results of the colon biopsies, but now I feel much better. There's still a longish road ahead, but at least for the moment we can't see the end of it, and ultimately that's all we can ask for....

2 comments:

reader_iam said...

Onward and upward, 'Pick. Glad you're feeling relieved. Best wishes to your mom.

Pastor_Jeff said...

What Reader said.