Thursday, August 02, 2007

Out of the Hospital

Mom was discharged today, much to her relief. She's actually in good shape at the moment, but I'm going to have her stay with me for a couple of days just to make sure. Tomorrow we will schedule the next round of doctors' appointments. We should find out the surgery date next week. It's listed in her charts as an outpatient procedure, but I'm not sure I believe that. That's a fairly large chunk of colon to be removed....

Also, I want to thank those of you who have sent along your kind wishes and prayers. K and I really do appreciate them. (Mom would too, if she knew about them. But she doesn't know I blog, and I plan to keep it that way.)

PS Mom has fallen asleep reading the first Harry Potter book.

5 comments:

Pastor_Jeff said...

She must be tired, then. My problem is I can't put them down long enoguh to go to sleep.

Finished #7 the weekend it came out, and now I'm reading through the series again in order.

I'm glad your mom is feeling better. We'll be praying for the next round of tests, appointments, and surgery.

XWL said...

Glad to here the prognosis for your mom is good, hospitals are terrible when you're the patient, but I think sometimes even worse when you are the concerned loved one.

Mark Daniels said...

Your Mom has been in my prayers. I hope that since you posted this, her progress has continued strong.

God bless!

Mark Daniels

Icepick said...

Thanks for the prayers, Mark. She's feeling better than she has in a few months as far as I can tell. That's at least partly from the meds and fluids she received in the hospital. It may also come from knowing why she hasn't felt so well the last nine or ten months.

Tomorrow we should find out when her surgery will be. It's times like this that it's necessary to remember that the only thing worse than the cure is to not be cured at all.

Chinese Ninja said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, K, and your Mom. I completely empathize with your mom's colon removal (been THERE done THAT), lack of adequate medical attention, and overall sense of 'hospitals SUCK'. Please tell her I am with her in spirit. Oh wait, she's not supposed to know that you blog. You figure out...just make sure she gets the message. I have a thousand other things to tell you, but this isn't my blog! Love you guys.