Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Madness. Madness!

Okay, this is approaching Alabama-Auburn levels of lunacy.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- To some Oklahoma football fans, there are things that just aren't done in the heart of Sooner Nation, and one of them is to walk into a bar wearing a Texas Longhorns T-shirt.

That's exactly what touched off a bloody skirmish that left a Texas-shirt-wearing fan nearly castrated and an Oklahoma fan facing aggravated assault charges that could put him in prison for up to five years.
I've really got nothing to add.

ALSO: Bonus points for knowing where I got the title of the post.

4 comments:

bill said...

Either it's from "Bridge on the River Kwai" or the name of my ska cover band.

Icepick said...

I had no idea you had a ska cover band, so it must be from the movie.

It wasn't exactly Ken's Trivia, but personally I thought the shock of the story might throw people off a little. I guess not!

Pastor_Jeff said...

Serendipity. My brother just emailed me this story this morning.

I grew up with that rivalry. It's a no-holds-barred blood feud. My favorite part is that the lawyers aren't sure the victim can get a fair jury in OKC. Those people are not kidding.

I'll put a link to your post on mine.

XWL said...

Facing only five years for near castration?

(and seems the Oklahoman took the 'steers and queers' smear against Texans a bit too literally)