Thursday, October 18, 2007

Here's an idea....

So the middle schools in Portland Maine will be distributing birth control pills, potentially to students as young as 11. In a news report this morning, one of the announcers stated that the pills would be given to "kids", to which my wife said, "No - no, they will be given to girls."

This set me to thinking. I rapidly thought, "T wonder if boy students could sue to get access to the pill under some form of anti-discrimination law?" I said so to my wife, and added, "His justification could be that he doesn't want his girlfriend to get pregnant, or that he doesn't want his Mom having any more children - he could slip her the pill in her food."

The predictable response? "You're EVIL!"

Yes. Yes I am.

2 comments:

bill said...

Condoms in the schools - fine. Medication that requires a prescription without parental approval/notification I have a problem with. Once the schools have the power to prescribe one drug, they'll realize they can dope the kids up with anything they want, any time they want.

Icepick said...

Condoms in the schools - fine.

Right. They make EXCELLENT water balloons!