Wednesday, January 23, 2008

If a conservative is a liberal that's been robbed....

Then what does that make a conservative that's been robbed? Charles Fuckin' Bronson, perhaps? I let you know when I settle on something. My house was burgled yesterday, and all of my computer equipment (amongst other things) is gone. Anyone trying to contact me should probably either leave messages here, call, or email my work address. (If you don't know my work email, then you shouldn't worry about it.)

Anyway, everyone is fine, but in various states of feeling violated, pissed off, or wondering what the fuss is about. (That last reaction belongs to our cats. I'm a cat person, but they do NOT make good watch animals. At least, house cats don't. Maybe a tiger....)

8 comments:

Pastor_Jeff said...

Sorry to hear that. I've had an apartment and a car broken into, and it's not a good feeling. If it's any consolation, I had a Compaq luggable stolen, and I hardly miss it at all now. I hope you can get things back together quickly.

I liked the Charles Bronson line. Interesting how the sense of decay and lawlessness spawned all those vigilante movies of the 70s and 80s.

bill said...

Michael Douglas in Falling Down?

Anyway, that sucks and my condolences.

Icepick said...

Dude, that's no good. Douglas commits suicide by cop at the end. I prefer for someone else to die.

bill said...

Yeah, ok, except for the suicidal ex-wife stalker bit. Confine it to the fast food rant scene and the beating the gang members with a baseball bat scene. Adds an unhinged element to the vigilantism that Bronson didn't have.

Icepick said...

Adds an unhinged element to the vigilantism that Bronson didn't have.

True dat! And I do prefer to have at least a touch of that unhinged element about me.

justkim said...

Unhinged is a good color on you. Not as nice as the blue perhaps, but it brings out the red in your rage.

XWL said...

Sorry to hear about the crime, sucks to be robbed or burgled. Hope everything gets re-ordered for you quickly.

Unhinged(red) Element happens to be the car I drive.

What a coincidence...

bill said...

Speaking of unhingedness and changing political persuasions.