Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pakistan?

I've been trying to get the new blog up and rolling but I am having trouble writing what should be the first big post. I have had several other items I wanted to mention but feel that my planned first post should really be the first substantive post. But for those one or two of you who may be looking at this site I do have something.

This morning I read a story on CNN concerning a Pakistani protest over a US airstrike on their territory which purportedly killed 11 Pakistani military personnel.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan has expressed outrage at a U.S. airstrike in a disputed region along the Afghan border which it says killed 11 of its forces who were cooperating with the U.S.-led war on terror.
Reading this story I realized that I hadn't heard anything about Pakistan in months. Checking the New York Times and Yahoo! archives it appears that things stand about where they did several months ago - Musharraf is still the President and the country still has problems with terrorists/militants. Back at the start of the year this was big news and it seemed that Musharraf couldn't hold onto power. Several months later nothing appears to have changed in that situation.

No comments: