Saturday, July 12, 2008

And now for something completely different....

Not to mention more fun! The Muppets will be taking over a section of The Smithsonian Institute for a little while, to be followed by a tour of several cities. I can't wait until they get to Orlando.

My family lived in DC for a stretch back in the 1950s. (That was well before I was born.) Mom has told me that the original Muppet show "Sam and Friends" was THE must-see TV for the city of that era. She has claimed that the entire city more or less shut down during showtime. I am really excited by this!

6 comments:

bill said...

I wonder if this is the same 3 year tour mentioned last year. Center waiting for the Center of Puppetry Arts to open the Jim enson wing

justkim said...

Here's the tour schedule. It will get to Atlanta before it gets here, so maybe this is the exhibit you've heard of.

bill said...

Just back from the Center for Puppetry Arts and the Jim Henson wing opens in 2012.

AnastasiaBeaverhausen said...

I hate to admit I am old enough to remember Sam and friends as well as the original Kermit and Ralph (who played piano on the Jimmy Dean Show)...I can't wait!

Icepick said...

Anastasia, do you remember if the show was as big in DC as my mother remembers?

AnastasiaBeaverhausen said...

Outis said...
Anastasia, do you remember if the show was as big in DC as my mother remembers?

Well, not THAT big, but when you're a kid it was as exciting as Howdy Doody was.