Friday, July 04, 2008

Coming Attractions

  • A comparison of the acting styles of Jack Lemmon and Charlton (Chuck Effin') Heston.
  • Commentary on the dangers of meeting one's heroes, especially if one's hero is Stephen Sondheim.
  • Reflections on a visceral reaction to The Enemy, occasioned by how I almost joined them.
  • More 2007 Awards! (Or maybe just the old ones, now long hidden from view.)
Immediate Update:
  • And maybe, if I can form a coherent post, BRAINS!
Not So Immediate Update:
  • If I can find it, a legendary, nay, INFAMOUS college paper.
Also, I really need to get a digital recording device. For one thing it would be great to record the howler monkeys from the backyard. And maybe the call of the local pterodactyls.

1 comment:

AnastasiaBeaverhausen said...

Friday, July 4, 2008
Coming Attractions

A comparison of the acting styles of Jack Lemmon and Charlton (Chuck Effin') Heston.

So...when will this happen?
Lemmon is the consumate everyman with ease and good humor, yet can take the serious even deeper with roles like Save the Tiger and GlenGarry Glen Ross. I just loved his work and his partnership with Matthau - boy do I miss them both.

Heston is larger than life...he is the first major star I remember on the really big screen (Ben Hur). And while I would never agree with him politically (the recent stuff) - he was a big player in the Civil Rights Movement in the early 60's and also did alot to improve standards for character actors (a little known factoid)...he'll always be a giant with me.