Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Time for more old posts.

As mentioned previously, I used to blog under another pen (keyboard?) name at other blogs. I have also stated that I plan on reposting some of the material. Today, reading a post and the comments at Althouse, especially the comments of my fried friend Reader_Iam, I've decided it's time to recycle repost a series that I began over two years ago. I plan to return to my little educational autobiography soon, but the college years will take a fair amount of time to write and will require some painful admissions on my part.

But in the meantime I'm going to repost the first five "real" posts from my old blog. I'm going to post them in reverse order so that the first of the old posts will appear at the top of my blog with the older posts to follow. That should make it a little easier to read for any so inclined. Also I will adjust the time stamps so that this post is actually on top.

A word of warning, though - The following posts are over 4600 words long.

10 comments:

reader_iam said...

LOL--"my fried Reader_Iam". Amen to that!

Icepick said...

Spell check can only do so much. Alas.

Pastor_Jeff said...

Outis,

I really enjoyed reading all the back history posts. You have an amazing memory for people and events. For some reason, I seem to only have general impressions from my growing up. I could never connect the dots or tell the story of my youth like you've done here.

Thanks for sharing -- I love history.

Icepick said...

Thank you for the compliments, Jeff, and I'm glad you enjoyed them. The funny thing about my memory is that mine seems so bad to me now - it was much sharper before the car accident I had when I was 20.

Trooper York said...

Dude, you stuff is great. Very powerful and entertaining. I had only read one of them before and they are riveting.

When you don't post we are all missing a bet. Keep it up. Your stuff is unique and compelling.

reader_iam said...

I've been telling him that for a couple-so years now, Troop, but it's no use. Maybe he'll listen to you.

Sniff, sniff.

Oh, and Outis? I'm not letting you off the hook. I STILL say you owe me that final post, our decision with regard to Son nothwithstanding.

vh: ieiakks

Icepick said...

ieiakks

Hey, isn't that a Yoko Ono lyric?

reader_iam said...

A pox on you, you worm-planter you, along with all those kisses:

Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss me, love,
Just one kiss, kiss will do.
Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss me, love,
Just one kiss, kiss will do.

Why death?
Why life?
Warm hearts?
Cold darts?

Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss me, love,
Im bleeding inside.

Its a long, long story to tell
And I can only show you my hell.

Touch, touch, touch, touch me, love,
Just one touch, touch will do.
Touch, touch, touch, touch me, love,
Just one touch, touch will do.

Why me?
Why you?
Broken mirror?
White terror?

Touch, touch, touch, touch me, love,
Im shaking inside.

Its that faint, faint sound of the childhood bell
Ringing in my soul.

Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss me, love,
Just one kiss, kiss will do.


vh: egzpl (No freakin' lie! LOL.)

As in, I'm making an egzpl of your egregious reference, love.

Icepick said...

I didn't know that they had cloned Ann Jillian. I also didn't know that Ann Jillian's clone was working with Sean Lennon.

The video would have been perfect if the on-screen talent had taken some thorazine before hand. As it was they were too expressive.

reader_iam said...

Yeah, I know. It's all those dashed expectations, or at least preferences, that make life suck.

As the "vh" says (damn, it's on a roll over here, these days, at least in my experience) in a really, really blue, really, really thick, type:

pjfto