Thursday, August 07, 2008

I hate Brett Favre.

Alternate Title: Die, Favre, DIE!

Reasons why:

He can't even spell his own name correctly.

I am tired of the "Will he/Won't he retire?" Saga we endured for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS!

I am even more tired of the last two months of that inconsiderate drug addict fucking over his old team while acting like a victim.

I am tired of every stupid sports reporter in the USA telling us how fantastic this idiot is.

Example of the last point: While flipping channels tonight I caught a brief bit of the New Orleans Saints/Arizona Cardinals preseason game on ESPN. It was half-way through the second quarter and all they were talking about was Brett fucking Favre. They had spent an hour on the game and apparently the only thing they bothered to discuss was what a wonderful guy Brett Favre is.

Well, he's a drug addict (recovered, allegedly) and a horse's ass who screwed over his old franchise by spending years of saying he would retire and THEN NOT RETIRING. That means that for the last several years Green Bay has had to plan for Brett's departure only to have him say "Just kidding!" Now he's acting as though they are the ones that forced him out. Hey asshole, if you didn't want them to plan for a future without you, you shouldn't have spent every fucking year from 2001 through 2007 saying, "Well, I think I'm going to retire after this" only to not retire.

I only hope that someone rips his fucking legs off and beats him to death with them during a game this year. Given that he's now in the same division with New England this may well happen. Belicheat likes to coach dirty and it's easy to image the pride he would take in being the coach to end Favre's career. I can only hope....

Added: Bascially Favre has been a bigger distraction to his team than T.O. has been. But unlike T.O. Favre is also a drug addict. Advantage T.O.

3 comments:

AnastasiaBeaverhausen said...

In a game where Philly QB Donovan McNabb played on a broken leg, all the reporters talked about was how brave Favre was playing after his father died. Green Bay lost that game, Philly won theirs and still got no respect. Enough of overpaid overhyped old athletes who don't know when to quit. I'm with you on this one!

Icepick said...

I'm with you on this one!

This is because you are a right thinking person. (Right = correct, not Right = political positions.) All right thinking people hate Brett Favre, only Cheese Heads and sports journalists are too stupid to comprehend the need to hate Brett Favre.

Thanks for the McNabb anecdote - I didn't remember that one. I'm usually not one to go here, but the kid glove treatment of Roger Clemens and Brett Favre compared to some of their peers really makes me wonder about race bias in the sports media.

AnastasiaBeaverhausen said...

Talk about disappointing - I am a big baseball fan and Clemens was one of my favs - what a disaster. Note that the back-to-back MVPs of the Phillies - big kid Ryan Howard and Jimmy "J-Roll" Rollins - have made their accomplishments without steroids/drugs (they have passed every test given them so far - all randomly). Pete Rose still can't get into the hall of fame but I bet Clemens does - that stinks!