Saturday, August 09, 2008

NBC Sports sucks ass. Again. Still.

I'm watching the Olympics tonight. During the Men's Gymnastics performances NBC keeps putting up this annoying logo that covers almost a quarter of the screen. It is actually covering a significant amount of the competitors during their performances. Another thing is that NBC is screwing around with when and how they show the scores.

These are just two of the reasons NBC Sports sucks. Forget energy policies, I want the Presidential Candidates to present plans to free the Olympics from the evil clutches of NBC.

Incidentally, the NBC hi-def broadcasts in Korean and Mandarin (which I'm assuming are simply feeds from Korean and Chinese broadcasts) are much better even if I can't read most of the graphics or understand any of the commentary: at least the graphics aren't hiding the competition!

Added: While I've been typing this NBC has gone to the studio with Bob Costas and Chris Collinsworth. The first two minutes of THAT were all about - Bob Costas! Make that THREE reasons NBC Sports sucks ass and I'm only mentioning stuff that I'm seeing right now.

1 comment:

AnastasiaBeaverhausen said...

Again - I agree - too many commercials and too much talking. And aside from Costas & Collingsworth - there is some bimbo who does the diving events - Cynthia something or other - who has the most grating voice on TV - I wrote to them last Olympics to get rid of her - so now I just turn the sound off and watch the events I like.