Saturday, November 01, 2008

Erica Jong provides the most stupid election commentary yet.

Erica Jong gave an interview in Italy. Wow, what a colossal idiot! Courtesy of the New York Observer, here are some selected comments.

  • "The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged." [No, the record doesn't. The record DOES show massive voter registration fraud by Democrats, however.]
  • "Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act." [Um, reporters have been imprisoned for not revealing the sources that 'outed' Valerie Plame - in other words, they've been imprisoned for not ratting out the Bush Administration. Can Jong get any dumber? Yes she can!]
  • "My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduces her to a bundle of nerves."
  • "My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium."
  • "If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

This last quote is the best. I can't decide which image is funnier - Dick Cheney riding down the middle of Broadway in a tank to crush the rebellion, or the image of Erica Jong, Naomi Wolf and Jane Fonda manning the barricades. Probably the latter. Hell, Jong can't even function (such as it is) unless she's drugged up and stuck with pins! How the Hell is that moron going to lead a rebellion?

Also, as I have written and said elsewhere, if this does lead to a Second Civil War, then it will be the shortest civil war ever fought. The Right owns all the guns in the country, and everyone on the Left wet themselves at the mere mention of the NRA.

2 comments:

amba said...

"My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduces her to a bundle of nerves."

Simply not being on the same side as these narcissists is reason enough for my vote. The only good thing about an Obama victory: he'd raise THEIR taxes.

Callimachus said...

I went to the Italian original and picked out more chunks of it and ran them through a Yahoo translator. Here's more:

"Because it is known that the electoral machinery in America are rigged and in states where voting is the Republicans have already committed fraud and raids. And why, unlike our children, my generation has experienced firsthand the torment for the murders of JFK, his brother Robert and Martin Luther King. Just crowds armed with a Kalashnikov to kill the dream Obama."

"In my next blog on Arianna Huffington also 'I ask all Americans to take the camera to capture the seat of the screen election equipment that you do vote for McCain-Palin, even when you pressed the button Obama-Biden. Expect a flood of appeals that arrive until the Supreme Court."