Thursday, January 22, 2009

This sounds familiar....

Yesterday I linked to a story about Disney looking to buy-out 600+ executives. The comments to today's article include something that sounds very familiar. Of course, I can't verify that the commenter (a) knows what s/he is talking about, or (b) that they are telling the truth. But this is exactly the same crap that happened to me. On to our commenter, Anonymous from Kissimmee Florida:

Disney is also in the midst of firing management in its Engineering department. Unlike the 'big-wigs' they are not being offered any deals and instead being terminated for petty offenses like checking email and researching parts for rides online. Managers with numerous guest service accolades and excellent service awards who have been with the company for decades are being given the boot.

Something to think about the next time you're at the park see that a ride is down.
It's good to see that I'm not the only person Disney screwed in this fashion. More later. I think it's about time to start blogging publicly about the details of my work life.

ADDED: I'm starting to smell a class action lawsuit for damage to professional reputations.

No comments: