Thursday, January 21, 2010

And another thing!

I forgot to mention the first thing that occurred to me when I read the Wall Street Journal article about Obama's banking proposals. Incidentally, the article I linked to earlier has changed, and a part that I had quoted appears to be missing from the current article. So to refresh your memory:

"This renewed focus on financial services reform by the Obama Administration is clearly a transparent attempt at faux-populism, in light of the outcome of the Massachusetts Senate race," said Rep. Scott Garrett (R., N.J.).
Does this congressman really believe that Obama cooked this up in less than two days? Paul Volcker has been pushing these ideas for months before Congress and whoever else would listen.
Now I don't doubt that the tenor of Obama's remarks reflect Tuesday's results. Of course they do. But the policy itself? Please.

I don't mind (much) that politicians play at politics. But Rep. Scott Garrett shouldn't insult my intelligence with this kind of stupid utterance.

1 comment:

BrettGBoland said...

寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!.........................